Project Raven is a joint initiative of the Sons of God Ministries and Badisa, in partnership with other interdenominational ministries, to provide R200 food parcels to some 5 000 families along the N1 between Cape Town and Colesberg.
The name Project Raven refers to 1 Kings 17:6 where God commanded the ravens to feed the prophet Elijah with bread and meat twice a day.
The distribution of the food- hampers is set to commence on 14 December 2016 and will end in Colesberg on 18 December 2016.
Together with the distribution of the food parcels, an appropriate gospel outreach programme will be presented to the communities. In obedience to our Christian calling, based on the example set by Jesus Christ, we need to see to the physical and spiritual needs of people.
• A 35-ton truck, sponsored by Ricardo Schroeder and Hendricks Fruit Supplies, will transport the food parcels.
• The main towns along the N1 route are Worcester, De Doorns, Touws River, Laingsburg, Prince Albert, Leeu-Gamka, Beaufort West, Three Sisters, Richmond, Hanover and Colesberg.
• From these towns, food parcels will be distributed to smaller communities.
• In each town, a task team will assist with the identification of needy families in those communities and the practical arrangements regarding the distribution of the non-perishable foods.
• These task teams consist of representatives from the Badisa branches, NGO’s, churches, and also community leaders.